Crystal L. Carey is an accomplished attorney with over 30 years of experience. She was born in Dover, Delaware. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree cum laude from the University of Delaware in 1984, and her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Maryland in 1987. She was a member of Phi Kappa Theta and served as a member of the Terry-Carey American Inn of Court.
Ms. Carey was admitted to the bar in 1988 in Delaware, Maryland, District of Columbia, U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, U.S. District Court, District of Delaware, U.S. District Court, District of Maryland, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit and U.S. Supreme Court.
Ms. Carey specializes in family law and real estate law. She has successfully represented clients in various cases involving child custody, divorce, adoption, prenuptial agreements, and property division. Ms. Carey is known for her ability to listen to her clients, understand their needs and concerns, and provide them with personalized legal advice that is tailored to their specific situations.
In the area of real estate law, Ms. Carey represents clients in a variety of real estate transactions, including purchases, sales, leasing, and financing. She advises clients on zoning and land use issues, and represents them before local planning and zoning boards.
She is currently a commissioner of the Delaware River and Bay Authority. In addition, she is a member of various bar associations, including Kent County (President, 1995-1996), Delaware State (Member, Executive Committee) and American Bar Association, Maryland State Bar Association, Inc., Bar Association of the District of Columbia, and Delaware Trial Lawyers Association. Ms. Carey served as Counsel, Kent County Row Offices (1999-2001).
- Member, Delaware State Bar Association (Executive Committee Member 2014-2015; 2010-2011; 2008-2009; 2006-2007; 2004-2005; 2002-2003; 2000-2001; 1998-1999; 1996-1997)
- Member, Kent County Bar Association (President, 1995-1996)
- Counsel, Kent County Row Offices (1999-2001)
- Member, Delaware Bar Foundation
- Trustee, Lawyer Fund for Client Protection
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Member, Delaware Trial Lawyers Association
- Lawyer Fund for Client Protection (2007-2016)