Douglas B. Catts is a highly respected attorney in Delaware, known for his proficiency in personal injury and medical malpractice cases. Born in Lewes, Delaware, and raised in Seaford, he received his bachelor’s degree from George Washington University in 1969 and went on to earn his Juris Doctorate from the same university in 1974. He was admitted to the bar in 1975.
Mr. Catts is known for his exceptional work in personal injury including automobile accidents, slip & falls, construction accidents, product liability, and medical malpractice cases. He has a deep understanding of the legal issues involved in these cases and is committed to ensuring that his clients receive the compensation they deserve.
Mr. Catts is a member of several prestigious professional organizations, including the Kent County, Delaware State, and American Bar Associations. He is also a member of the Delaware Trial Lawyers Association, where he served on the Board of Governors from 1980 to 1993, including roles as Vice-President, Legislative Chairman, President-Elect, and President. He is also a member of the American Association for Justice and the American Board of Trial Advocates.
Mr. Catts has also been active in the legal community in other ways. He has served on the Delaware Supreme Court’s Permanent Advisory Committee on the Delaware Rules of Evidence since 2000 and has been a member of the Committee on Judicial Appointments since 2005.
In addition to his involvement in these organizations, he is the past president of both the Dover Rotary Club and the Central Delaware Chamber of Commerce.
Not only is he an active member of his community, but he has also been recognized by his peers for his exceptional legal skills and has received numerous awards and honors throughout his career.
- Deputy City Solicitor, City of Dover, Delaware
- Dover Rotary Club, Past President
- Central Delaware Chamber of Commerce, Past President
- Delaware Correctional Officers Association (DCOA)
- Port of Wilmington, Board of Directors, 2000-Present
- Kent County, Delaware State Bar Association (Board of Directors, 1987-88)
- American Bar Association
- Delaware Trial Lawyers Association (Board of Governors, 1980-1993; Vice President, 1986-87; Legislative Chairman, 1987-88, 1989-90; President-Elect, 1990-91; President, 1991, 1992)
- American Association for Justice
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Delaware Supreme Court’s Permanent Advisory Committee on the Delaware Rules of Evidence, 2000-Present
- Committee on Judicial Appointments, 2005-Present